Friday, October 1

History of Hip Hop


I always get a little annoyed with our generation. After all, we're the internet generation. I.e. the generation with no people skills. Also known as the Peter Pan generation - we tend to fear growing up and therefore delay rites of passage. Perhaps my greatest loathing is the music of our generation. With a few exceptions (i.e. Sublime, Jack Johnson, Michael Buble and The Roots) - the pop and hip hop of our times is catchy but outlandish. Can you truly imagine tuning into the oldy stations of the future and hearing Eminem? However, today I found this clip from the Jimmy Fallon show which highlights some hip hop greats. It gives me renewed faith in our Peter Pan style generation! Watch it here ... you'll definitely appreciate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOClaIZACrM

No comments:

Post a Comment